Sunday, June 22, 2008

120 Inches and growing!



In the bottom right of the picture you can see where I plan on letting the pumpkin grow. Now if mother nature will let one start in the right spot! The pot in the foreground I am using to turn the vine. I tried to pick it up and just adjust it an I heard a cracking sound. So now I am just gently telling it where I would like it to grow.


No those are not pumpkins! That is Brendan and Sean ( the one with one front tooth) see how much it has grown. The family comes over for Sunday dinner and a swim ever week and check on the growth. Maybe next week we can see the start of one.






It has reached the 120 inch mark. This is the second 60 inch mark. I also added another 50 foot soaker hose to water the added area. The side vines are also 6 - 10 feet.





I was telling the boys there were boy flowers and girl flowers on the vines. The boy seen here is on a tall stem.










The girl has the round ball that will be a pumpkin. I am not ready for them to start growing. I want the vine to be a little bigger. So I am plucking them off for now.

















1 comment:

day queen said...

plant looking good. Soon it will be "the plant that ate the hill".