Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Time to Transplant



The plant continued to grow great while we were on vacation. Now it is time to put it in the ground.










One last time to turn the soil.











Before I transplant it from the pot, I like to water it good with a mixture. I use my own mix.











I prepared the ground by creating a mound with potting soil.













Now it is time to put it in the ground. I added more of the mixture to the mound to get it off to a good start. You can see the drip line I placed around the mound. As the plant grows I will add more drip line.

My grandson had a question. Would the pumpkin roll down the hill? I am only going to let one pumpkin grow. I will make sure it is on flat ground.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Looks like a good place to plant it. I can't wait to see it huge!

4handfulls said...

The boys are so excited! But they are having a hard time understanding why you are planting something now that will not be ready until October!

4handfulls said...

Brendan has a question, won't the pumpkin roll down the hill when it grows?